Otherwise entitled: Society has lost its collective mind and I just can’t right now.
- Seattle, WA: A man undresses in a women’s restroom, citing a new rule in the city that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender “identity”
- Prince William County, VA: A man dressed as a woman was arrested after police say he was caught peeping/filming into restroom stalls three times in the past year.
- Palmdale, CA: A 33 y/o Palmdale man who allegedly dressed as a woman while secretly videotaping females using a department store bathroom was charged with six counts of unlawful use of a concealed camera for the purposes of sexual gratification.
- Ontario, Canada: A biological man claiming to be transgender so as to gain access to women at two Toronto shelters was jailed “indefinitely” after being declared by a judge a “dangerous offender”. The man assaulted and raped multiple women, including a Deaf woman.
- Toronto, Canada: The University of Toronto recently changed its transgender restroom policy after multiple peeping incidents.
- Smyrna, TN: William David was arrested in Wisconsin but was extradited to TN to face felony charges relating to filming women inside Smyrna restrooms, including aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor.
- Orange, CA: A 24 y/o man was arrested after a hidden cell phone was recording video inside a unisex, single-stall restroom at Chapman University.
- Pitman, NJ: A teacher, school bus driver, and high school student were among 16 people facing child pornography charges in New Jersey. Thomas Guzzi Jr., 36, of Pitman, is also charged with 3rd degree invasion of privacy for allegedly hiding a tablet computer in a bathroom stall to record video of others using the toilet.
- Logan County, OK: 43 y/o James Curt Rose sits behind bars for videotaping a 13y/o in the showers at a YMCA
- Iowa City, IA: University of Iowa police arrest a man connected with the videotaping of a women who was showering in a residence hall.
- Quarryville, PA: 19y/o James Thomas Shoemaker was arrested and faces child porn charges for hiding in a woman’s restroom and taking pictures of young girls on his cell phone.
- Montgomery County, PA: A man was arrested at a Target Store after a female patron caught him attempting to spy on her while she was in the dressing room.
- Athens, GA: A man was seen on security cameras in a local Target sneaking into a women’s restroom and using his cell phone to take pictures of the ladies in there. He was detained by store security until police arrived.
- Brentwood, MO: 26y/o Matthew Foestrel is accused of holding a camera under a Target dressing room door while a female patron was trying on bathing suits. He was convicted of “knowingly and intentionally” filming an 11 y/o girl in a dressing room while partially nude. Foestrel was also charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.
- Petersburg, FL: To demonstrate the absurdity of the Target policy, a man, dressed as a man, acting as a man, records a conversation between himself and the store manager in which the man asks if it’s okay that he uses the women’s room because he “feels uncomfortable” in the men’s room. The manager assures him that it is, and he will deal with any complaints from women already using the facilities. The man leaves, as he was only proving a point.
There are more, of course, but I’m sick of looking at double screens to get the details. I think you begin to get the gist: the idea of allowing one to use whichever restroom or fitting room, or any other place people of a single sex usually gather while in a state of dishabille, they “feel” best suits their “identity” at the moment, is a truly terrible idea.
Now, allow me to clarify one thing. I am not talking about the roughly 700,000 people (out of 323,439,000) in the nation that are transgender. (Although it is biologically and scientifically impossible to turn a man into a woman, or vice versa, that is a post for a different day.) No, I’m taking about the 808,675 (and growing) registered sex offenders in this country and her territories. Now, that’s about 0.25% of the population. Transgenders make up even less than that, even less than the usually reported 0.30%- it’s more like 0.22%. Ergo:
Sex offender population > transgender population
So I’m sorry, but my safety and security as a woman, and the safety and security of other women and girls trumps your “comfort”. Sure, there are plenty of perverts and deviants who would assault women before policies like this, but now we’ve just opened Pandora’s Box and made it extremely easy for them to do so, because now no one will initially question their presence in what should be a ladies-only area. But think about it. I stop at one of these quietly gender-neutral friendly stores after work (because it sure won’t be a vocal one like Target. #BoycottTarget) to pick up a few things. I was in a rush to get out of the building and have to use the restroom. Like most store restrooms, this one is tucked in an out-of-the-way place, away from most of the other patrons. I’m carrying my purse and I’m wearing high heels- not conducive to running. Inside the ladies’ room in a man, dressed as woman, and he’s not there to pee and leave. I’m 5’1 and barely over 100lbs. What are the odds that your average male is not going to have a super difficult time overpowering me?
Ladies, before you get all gung-ho about equal-rights rah-rah-rah, think about how often you already have your guard up, walking alone on the street, in a bar, etc. How often are you made to feel uncomfortable by something uncouth a man does, or says. How frequently do we already go to the restroom in “packs”? It’s not because we need someone to help us wipe our butts. It’s protection for ourselves and each other. Why on God’s green earth would you support something to further endanger yourself?